Terms and conditions Camping Alkmaar
Article 1: Definitions
Entrepreneur: Camping Alkmaar.
The holiday maker: the person who has entered into an agreement with the entrepreneur concerning the rent of a pitc for a certain period of time. Fellow holiday maker: the other persons mentioned on the agreement.
Third party: any other person, not being the holiday maker and/or fellow holiday maker.
Pitch: a site for a tent, a caravan site or a campervan pitch.
Camping means: an own tent or a rented accommodation, a caravan or a campervan and the like.
Agreement: the agreement between the holiday maker and the entrepreneur concerning the right to use a tent or a camper pitch at a previously agreed fee and period.
Information: written or electronic data about the use of the pitch, the tent, the camper place and the rules of Camping Alkmaar.
Cancellation: written cancellation of the agreement by the holiday maker before the commencement date of the stay.
House rules: the written regulations containing the rules for the use of the grounds and facilities.
Article 2: Duration of the agreement
The agreement shall expire by operation of law at the end of the period of time agreed upon, without notice of termination being required. The entrepreneur shall put the agreed pitch at the disposal of the holiday maker for recreational purposes, i.e. not for permanent residence, for the agreed period; the latter thereby acquires the right to place a camping means of the agreed type on it and for the specified persons.
Article 3: Price and price changes
The price is agreed upon on the basis of the price list established by the entrepreneur. In the event that, after determination of the price list, because of an increase of the governmental charges, additional costs arise, these additional costs may be passed on to the holiday maker, also after estblishing the agreement (for example: VAT and tourist tax).
Article 4: Payment
1. The holiday maker must settle the payment in advance in euros.
2a. In the event that a booking has been made more than six weeks before the date of arrival and the holiday maker, despite prior written demand for payment, does not or not adequately fulfil his payment obligation within a period of time of two weeks after the written demand, then the entrepreneur shall be entitled to cancel the agreement with immediate effect, notwithstanding the right of the entrepreneur to demand full payment of the agreed price.
2b. In the event that a booking has been made eight weeks or less before the date of arrival and the holiday maker has not or not adequately fulfilled his payment obligation, then the agreement shall be terminated by operation of law and the holiday maker shall owe a remuneration to the entrepreneur in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1.
1. In the event that at the day of arrival the entrepreneur is not in possession of the total amount owed, then the holiday maker shall be obliged to pay the agreed amount in full before he takes his place, otherwise the entrepreneur shall be entitled to deny the holiday maker access to the grounds, notwithstanding the right of the entrepreneur to demand full payment of the agreed price.
2. In the event that the holiday maker wishes to prolong the agreement, then the holiday maker shall have made the payment to the entrepreneur before the start of the prolongation.
3. The extrajudicial costs reasonably made by the entrepreneur, after having given notice of default, shall be at the expense of the holiday maker. In the event that the total amount has not been paid in time and after a demand for payment has been made in writing, then a percentage of interest of 1% per month shall be charged on the amount still outstanding.
Article 5: Arrival and departure
1. The holiday maker shall be obliged to submit to the entrepreneur a valid certificate of identity for inspection of himself, his fellow holiday maker and the third party, whenever this is required. The entrepreneur has the right to make a copy of the proof of identity and keep it in his administration.
2. Upon arrival at the campsite, from 2 p.m. onwards on the first day of the agreement, the holiday maker, his fellow holiday maker and the third party must report to reception. This obligation shall also apply upon departure from the site before 11:30 hours on the last day of the agreement, unless the holiday maker, fellow holiday maker or third party intends to return to the site on the same day.
3. If the arrival takes place outside the opening hours of the reception, the arrival must be reported in advance. Please come by on the next day that the reception is open.
4. The opening hours of the reception are determined by the proprietor and announced in an adequate manner.
Article 6: Late arrival and early departure
The holiday maker owes the full price for the agreement for the entire agreed period.
Article 7: Cancellation
1. In case of cancellation 90 days or more before the commencement date, 100% of the costs will be refunded, excluding booking fees. If cancelled up to 60 days before the commencement date, 75% of the costs will be refunded, excluding booking fees. If cancelled up to 30 days before the commencement date, 50% of the costs will be refunded excluding booking fees. For cancellation within 30 days of the commencement date, 100% of the agreed price is payable to the entrepreneur.
2. The entrepreneur recommends the holiday maker to take out a cancellation insurance.
Article 8: Use by third parties
Use of a tent or pitch by third parties is not permitted.
Article 9: Premature termination of the agreement by the entrepreneur and eviction
The entrepreneur may terminate the agreement with immediate effect:
- in the event that, despite prior verbal and/or written warning, the holiday maker, fellow holiday maker(s) and/or third party(ies) does not or not adequately fulfil the obligations laid down in the agreement, the house rules and/or government regulations, and this to such an extent that according to criteria of reasonableness and fairness, the entrepreneur cannot be required to continue the agreement.
- in the event that, in spite of prior verbal and/or written warning, the holiday maker, fellow holiday maker(s) causes nuisance to the entrepreneur and/or the other holiday makers or spoils the good atmosphere on or in the immediate surroundings of the camp site.
- in case the holiday maker, despite prior verbal and/or written warning, uses the pitch and/or the tent in a way that violates the purpose of the pitch
- Theft, vandalism, aggression, drug use, insulting expressions of race, nature or belief, among other things, are reasons for immediate removal from the camping grounds.
In the event that the entrepreneur wishes premature cancellation and eviction, he shall inform the holiday maker thereof in a personally delivered letter. In urgent cases, the letter may be omitted and a personal verbal notice shall suffice. After termination, the holiday maker must see to it that his pitch and tent are vacated and the grounds are left as soon as possible, at the latest within 4 hours. In the event that the holiday maker should fail to vacate his pitch, then the entrepreneur shall be entitled to vacate the pitch. The holiday maker shall, in principle, not be entitled to any restitution of payment on account of the premature termination of the agreement.
Article 10: Evacuation
When the agreement is terminated, the holiday maker must vacate the pitch and leave it completely cleaned up at 11 a.m. at the latest on the last day of the agreed period.
In the event that the holiday maker does not remove his camping means, then the entrepreneur shall be entitled to vacate the pitch at the expense of the holiday maker, after having given a warning in writing and observing a period of seven days starting at the day on which the warning was sent. Any costs of storage, dumping and eviction - insofar as this is reasonable - shall be at the expense of the holiday maker.
Article 11: Maintenance and construction
1. The entrepreneur shall be obliged to keep the recreation grounds and the central facilities in a proper state of maintenance.
2. The holiday maker, fellow holiday makers and/or third parties shall not be allowed to dig into the pitch, to fell trees, to trim down bushes, to erect antennae, to put up fences and barriers or to put up buildings or any other structures of any nature whatsoever near, on, under or around the tent without prior written consent of the entrepreneur.
3. It is not permitted to put a plastic ground sheet under the tent or frame. Only a mat with holes is permitted (in order to preserve the grass).
Article 12: Liability
1. The entrepreneur is not liable for any accident, theft or damage on its premises.
2. The entrepreneur is not liable for the consequences of extreme weather conditions or other forms of force majeure.
3. The entrepreneur is not liable for failures in the supply of utilities.
4. The holiday maker shall be liable, with respect to the entrepreneur, for any damage caused by the act or omission of himself, the fellow holiday maker(s) and/or third parties, insofar as it concerns damage that can be attributed to the holiday maker, the fellow holiday maker(s) and/or third parties.
5. The entrepreneur shall be obliged to take appropriate measures after notification by other holidaymakers.
6. In case it turns out that the camping means do not fit on the booked pitch, then the entrepreneur shall not be liable for this. In that case, the entrepreneur may designate an alternative pitch. The holiday maker shall not be entitled to any restitution of costs.
Article 13: Complaints
1. A complaint from a holiday maker shall always be submitted in writing to the entrepreneur. The submission of a complaint shall not have any suspensive effect on the payment by the holiday maker.
2. The entrepreneur shall evaluate your complaint and deal with it in all reasonableness and fairness. In case the holiday maker is not satisfied with this, then Dutch law shall apply.